On October 17, 2015, Baltimore, Maryland, will be buzzing with the excitement of the annual Baltimore Marathon. The amount of organizational skill and work required to pull off such a large event is astounding. With careful planning, custom swag and a little help from local storage facilities, you can organize an event to raise awareness for your own cause. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
Tips for Choosing and Organizing Your Event
- First, you’ll need to choose a type of event based on your budget, schedule, resources and target demographic. Options include 5K runs, basketball games, haunted houses, music concerts or even simple bake sales.
- Once you’ve chosen your event, put together a team of devoted assistants. You’ll need plenty of volunteers to help with footwork.
- Develop an event plan and timeline that includes details about your venue, event date, and sponsors. For small events, you’ll need at least three months of lead time. Larger events may require up to nine months.
- Create and organize your event materials including posters, flyers, promotional giveaways, social media materials and press releases.
- If your event involves speakers, performances or a complex series of activities, hold a full dress rehearsal with all the key players.
Notes on Raising Awareness and Creating Swag
Colorful paper flyers placed on public bulletin boards or handed out to passersby are a gold standard for raising awareness. You could also wear a funny costume and dance or wave a sign, but if you really want to make an impression, you need serious swag. While people may ignore an idea written on a piece of paper, they can’t resist tee shirts, key chains and travel mugs. A number of companies can create promotional materials with your choice of logo or design. Depending on your budget, you may wish to give the items away to help raise awareness or sell them to raise funds for your cause. Conduct an online search to find a company that sells the items you desire at the most affordable prices. The same company may be also able to create custom banners or posters that you can display at your event.
Streamline Work with Help from Baltimore, Maryland Storage Facilities
Self storage units can help by providing the extra space needed for storing promotional materials and serving as a central supply hub for you and your assistants. If you’re storing paper, crayons or other items that are vulnerable to heat and moisture, be sure to rent climate controlled units to prevent damage. With storage units to help streamline your work, great swag and a solid plan, you can accomplish great things for your chosen cause. Give Self Storage Services a call today to learn more about how storage can benefit your Baltimore, Maryland cause.