The days are lasting longer and the temperatures are finally rising, making it easy to put chores aside in favor of enjoying this welcome weather. While you may be tempted to make a weekend trip to National Harbor, Maryland with the family or enjoy an Orioles game at Oriole Park, taking care of your spring cleaning list is a must to fully enjoy the Maryland sunshine. Follow these spring cleaning steps and get your home in order before getting out on the town.
- Sort it then store it. Rooms can get overcome by clutter during the winter months – and throughout the rest of the year. Take this opportunity to go through the items in every room and determine what needs to be retired. Some items may not be useful on a daily basis, in which case seeking storage facilities in Baltimore is a viable option for keeping your home clutter free. By using storage units in Baltimore, you can keep your belongings in a secure off-site location, easily accessible when you need them.
- Linens and more. After you’ve removed unnecessary items, tackle the linens and other cloth items in the room. This includes items like curtains, towels, sheets, pillowcases, area rugs, and any cloth items that can be removed and cleaned. Clean these items based on their individual instructions. Some small rugs can be placed in the wash, but larger, stiffer rugs will require special care.
- From the top to the bottom. Start by cleaning the room from the top to the bottom. Dusting ceiling fans, surfaces, hanging frames, and window frames should be performed first. As you perform your dusting, the dust will inevitably fall. This is why it is important to work from top to bottom so that you don’t dirty things you’ve already cleaned. Also, wipe down any areas that require a wash. This includes windows, walls and base boards. Bathrooms and kitchens will have areas that require extra attention and care.
- Save the floors for last. As previously mentioned, it’s important to clean from top to bottom. Cleaning the floors last, ensures that they stay clean. Make sure that your clean from the farthest corner of the room and then work your way toward the door. This prevents you from cleaning yourself into a corner. Make sure to get under any furniture in the room, as well; dust and long-lost items have a knack for collecting there.
- Make a plan for continuous clean. Don’t let your cleaning efforts be in vain! After performing your deep spring cleaning steps, make a plan to maintain the cleanliness of your house. Whether that’s performing certain tasks on a daily basis or making a weekly cleaning calendar, make a plan that works best for you and your schedule.
Spring cleaning is a great way to ring in the spring season – even if it may not be fun. Take care of large clutter problems with the help of Self Storage Services, Inc. and use storage units in Baltimore, Maryland to get unnecessary items out of your home. Then, tackle your deep cleaning tasks in a clutter free environment.